There would be hardly any person who would not like to travel and explore amazing places during their vacations. People spend enough time in planning a perfect and hassle-free vacation with their dear ones. In the entire process, they often overlook or ignore the importance of having travel insurance. If you are a professional traveller, then travel insurance is even more important for you. No one is sure about the bad incidents that could occur in the course of travelling. Be it illness or accidents, or cancellation of the trip due to some reasons, insurance policies cover all the basic aspects.
Mostly, people do not anticipate the losses that might occur in a particular trip. Thus, they often overlook the importance of such policies. Although it would not avoid the misfortune that might come your way, it would at least cover your financial losses. The travel insurance policies might differ from one another, and therefore it is up to you which policy is preferred by you. No matter which one you choose, it is important to know about the things that are not covered by most of them.
Points that are not covered in the insurance policy
- Cancellation for everything is not covered in any insurance policy
One of the major concerns taken by almost every traveller is the cancellation of the air ticket. There are can be a ton of reasons behind the trip cancellation and entire points are not covered in the policy. Hence, it is crucial to go through the list of reasons that would be covered through a particular policy. If the reason behind the cancellation is not mentioned in the policy, you would not get any compensating amount in return. Proper documents should be presented if the cancellation is due to any medical reasons.
- Any kind of pre-existing conditions
A pre-existing condition is referred to anything that happens before you purchase the insurance policy. Special attention should be given in such cases. If you claim on the basis of medical grounds, it is important to present essential documents and proof of the medical treatment. They would particularly determine when the condition started showing up lately. If it is a pre-existing condition, no compensation can be claimed through a travel insurance policy.
- Leaving the belongings without attending it
Some policies genuinely cover the losses of the belongings due to theft or robbery. But if you leave it at unsecured spots or doesn’t attend it at any cost, such claims would not be covered. In order to avoid such a scenario, take special care of your belongings especially when you are at a public place. In order to claim the loss, police report or FIR is required to ensure your demands or claims are genuine.
- Self-inflicted injury
During the trip, if you end up causing harm to yourself intentionally, the treatment of such injuries will not be covered by the insurer. So, even if you get seriously injured during a suicide attempt, you will have to pay for the treatment from your pocket.
- Adventure sports
It feels certainly exciting to experience the thrill of adventure sports. River rafting, paragliding, snorkelling, sea surfing, rock climbing, etc. are some of the most popular adventure sports that tourists often take part in. If you get injured during the action, remember that your travel policy will not cover the expenses of medical treatment.
Why taking travel insurance policy so important?
There are several instances that you might come across in the course of a trip. Whether you are travelling solo or with your family members on vacation; what sorts of risk would occur can’t be predicted. Check out the benefits here.
- There are several interruptions that might occur during trips and can become the foremost reason for its cancellation. In case of any emergency situations before or during the trip, you are bound to cancel the trip. As the payments for your air tickets and accommodations are already done, therefore you have to bear the cancellation charge to some extent. Such expenses are covered through insurance policies.
- Travel insurance acts as the source of monetary compensation in case of any misfortune striking your trip. Apart from financial recovery, there are lots of other options through which one can be benefitted.
- As a matter of fact, travel insurance policies even include medical evacuation. It means that travellers don’t need to pay any transportation expenses in case of a medical emergency. Such expenses would be covered through the insurance policy.
Travelling is, undoubtedly, a fun-filled experience but can turn into a nightmare if proper planning is not done. Before you are trodden with the heavy losses, some planning should be done so that you can deal with the losses.